Saturday, June 10, 2006

World Cup 2006 Germany


The much awaited WorldCup 2006 Germany, finally began with a wonderful display by the home team Germany winning over the minnows Costo Rica with 4-2.It was a pleasure to be in Germany as a student during the worldcup football.I had a chance to see the first match in a bar with German friends,I could see how vigorous they are...like we support Cricket.I could find,football is in their bloods...when Lahm scored the first goal in the first six minutes of play..the whole Germany was enjoying the moment..Even though I was not interested in football,by seeing the atmosphere I have become a great fan of football,I bought a German T-shirt and I was a German Supporter that day along with fellow Germans.

The most fascinating time was after the match was over...with all the Germans coming out of the street ...chanting Deutschland..blocking the roads,cars..waving flags...drinking beer...hitting each other...Iam thinking what would be the situation when Germany was defeated in any of the match...I guess it would turn in to a second worldwar... :).Nevertheless,this worldcup matches in Germany gives thorough enjoyment even for non-football fans...I pray Germany should win the world cup..then definitely we will get one day holiday for that...:)

Rest in Next...
Sathish Kumar

No comments: