Monday, May 21, 2007

My Dad

I have been writing about my experiences and about my good friends, how could I forget to write an article about my father, symbol of grit and aggression....to be honest I am no way related with my father....i am poles apart from him...heheeeee....he is hardworking to the core whereas I am lazy to the core....he has never tasted alocohol in his life but I never missed the chance whenever there is a free alcohol...hehehee...he is exactly just half my height...never gets excited or emotional for anything in life whereas little happiness will make me to fly....heheee....only resemblance between us is...we are both dark and we get angry very easily....heheeeeee....

What amazes about my father is calm and composed nature in all the situations of life...I have never seen him emotional or sentimental or excited...to give couple of facts....I didnt see him cry or weeping when my grandma died...may be since he lost his father in younger age when he was in 9th standard and had to work(weeving) while studying perhaps would have made him really grit and strong.....even when I reached Chennai from Germany after a gap of 19 months without informing them...he was the one who opened the door...to be honest...he didnt say a single word....he just gave a smile.....just a smile and no reactions or emotions.....I was standstill for a moment....:) well thats my father.....

Other thing which I loved from my father is, he never crossed my privacy or questioned my decisions...he has never interferred in any matters...he gave me absolute amount of independence where a son could imagine from his father....to be honest, this independence made me to do the things what I love to do....he never expects anything from me...I am sure he will never expect anything from me even in the future...since he happened to be a railway employee, we could travel in AC free of cost....;) I travelled to all parts of India with him from north to south and east to west...infact this motivation which I obtained from him made me now to explore different parts of Europe....:) he never motivates or discourages me in any part of time in my career.....when I got school 2nd in 10th standard and informed him.....he didnt say anything....when I got medicine seat in 12th standard...he didnt say anything....when I got a job in HCL through campus interview......he didnt say anything.....when I came here for my Masters in Germany...he didnt say anything.....well he wont say anything if I marry a blond european girl and stand in front of him...heheeeeeeeee

What I admire about my father is the peace which he is having...I can bet one of the happiest and peaceful guys I have ever met...has his own way of life....with engaging most of the time with gardending, household activities and reading books in the night before he goes to sleep.....I sometimes think why I cant be like him....as I mentioned before, I am no way related with my father......:)

I still remember this question during my campus interview for HCL in college....the HR guy asked me who is your role model....I answered without any hesitation, my father is my role model...why not he is definitely my role model....I wanted to be like him with utmost peace and satisfaction with whatever god has given....but what to do...human mind is sometimes so demanding......:( I still remember the way he used to iron my school clothes, I still remember the way he used to sharpen the pencil and keep it ready before the exams....I still remember when he took me to hospital in TVS 50 vehicle when I was suffering in typhoid fever during final year of my engineering, I still remember when he bought a separate TV for me to watch the cricket match and not to fight with my mother during the serials....I still remember the way he packed my clothes and luggage before leaving to Germany, I know my father gets angry very easily but I know behind that anger is a great amount of love and affection....

I love you appa!
Sathish Kumar S

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice da!!
Your father is stone faced and emotionless is it ?

One can never know his river of emotions within :)

Anonymous said...

good one...