Saturday, May 12, 2007

Baggage Comedy...

I had a big problem during my baggage check-in at the airport in Chennai...my allowed baggage limit is only 20 kgs and hand luggage of 7 kgs...unfortunately my main luggage weighed 25 kg and the handluggage weighed 13 kgs with additionally my laptop as well....the check-in officer clearly said you have to pay extra amount of nearly 1500 rupees to take the extra kilos...i was totally confused what to do....thank god...father was having the extra money and I took from him and was about to pay for the extra kilos...I went to the other check-in officer who happened to be a beautiful girl..hehehe...the beautiful lady checked my luggage and said ...oh you are going to frankfurt...you are allowed two pieces up to 45 kgs...then I started to shout....why didnt you inform before...she said...."sorry....the other officer might have not known about it"...then happily I took my hand luggage of 15 kgs and was walking towards the immigration check....

Suddenly one more check-in officer entered the scene and said...this is totally impossible with hand luggage of 15kgs...and the size is too big....I said...its your officials who allowed me ...then why the heck are u asking again....he asked me to show the concerned check-in officer...we went to the beautiful check-in officer....the other check-in officer questioned the lady how is it possible to allow 15kgs...she said..."he is going to frankfurt..so total allowed baggage is 45 kgs"...suddenly the head check-in officer was called and asked about the details...it seems as per the rule...passengers flying to Toronto are only allowed to carry up to 45kgs...and not the frankfurt passengers....heheeeee.....the beautiful lady was caught in the trap....now came the real comedy....

The beautiful lady said to Chief Check-in officer....oh sorry sir....I didnt know that...and said a lovely statement...."his main luggage was only 16kgs(actually it weighed 25 kgs by that time the main luggage has gone to the cargo so one cannot weigh it once more heheeeee)....and his hand luggage was just 8 kgs(actually it weighed 15 kgs...including my laptop heheee)...so why to charge him extra luggage fees....the chief check-in officer asked one more time...are u sure it weighed 16kgs...she said with a blushing face..."i am damn sure sir"....I was laughing inside to the core...heheeeeeeee....the chief check-in officer had no other say... and he said ok sir you can proceed....heheeeee...I exchanged a very surcastic smile with the beautiful check-in officer and a grave look at the chief-check in officer...heheeeee and I proceeded further...

And one more time, the beautiful lady appeared in front of the entrance to the flight...gave my boarding pass to her and exchanged one more surcastic smile and said....Many thanks to you...heheeee...I wanted to have a snap with her for my blog....but unfortunately the chief check-in officer, the great villain was standing next to her...then I thought forget it....Anyway hats off to that beautiful lady! heheeeeee

Cheers,
Sathish Kumar S

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

People should read this.