Monday, June 22, 2009

First Marathon of my life - "Lüneburger Firmenlauf"

There was once a discussion among my friend's circle who is the laziest guy in our group, undoubtedly I was the proud winner ;) When I used to play Cricket, the most common dismissal for me is run out ;) The maximum Km I would have walked at a stretch in my life might be not more than 2 Kms ;) So the examples and incidents goes on and on... If at all one thing which I never imagined in my life is participating in a Marathon and successfully completing it...;)

On friday morning, my friend Rakesh motivated me to give him company for the Marathon. I was concentrating on my fitness for the past five months by running a lot in Treadmill. So, I took the gamble but unfortunately had to run with other guy's name tag, Thomasz since I didn't register before. There is a lot of difference between running on treadmill and on the roads...finally completed 7 km in 36:55 minutes :D It was a great experience which would reside in my memory forever...I see a lot of difference in the mind after I started to work on my fitness.. Thanks a lot for the indirect motivators ;)

Cheers,
Sathish Kumar S

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gr8...Finally u made it ;)

ARIVUMANI, LISBON said...

Sathish, may i know, Had rakesh completed the target limit??

Sathish Kumar S said...

for sure we did together...:)