Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Mediterranean wonder, Mallorca, Spain

Germany consists of 16 federal states, that’s what I learned in Goethe Institute but my fellow Germans always informed me that Germany has 17th state (bundesland) near to Spain in the Mediterranean sea and that’s Mallorca. It was always my dream to visit this Mediterranean Island which actually belonged to Spain and I couldn’t find better time to celebrate my 28th birthday in Mallorca with my honey.

Logistically, Mallorca is strongly connected to different parts of Europe. As always, Ryan Air offered cheap prices from Lübeck, Germany and planned this trip well in advance. We rented a car for two days since Anita had International Driving license. After our trip, we realized with out car its impossible to explore the great landscapes of Mallorca. I have seen mountains, I have seen the coastline but combination of both was the biggest highlight in this Island. The high peaks of the mountains which gives a panoramic view of the Mediterranean sea with blue skies and blue colored water is something feast to the eyes.

After the trip, I realized why Mallorca is a paradise for Germans. Blue skies, good sun shine, scenic coastline, bikinis around, couldn’t ask for more in holidays. This Island has interesting landscapes. The North Western drive near Andratx, Estellencs, Valldemossa is a must in Mallorca. The southern drive to Cala Pi, Santanyi is a treat to watch as well. The capital city Palma has got some beautiful castles, nice restaurants and long coastline.

All in all, it’s a trip which will stay in my memory forever. Celebrated my 28th birthday with all peace, satisfaction and happiness with my honey and she gave me a wonderful treat of driving along the great landscapes of this Mediterranean Island. Mallorca, don’t miss this marvel if you are in Europe!

Cheers,
Sathish Kumar S

5 comments:

Unknown said...

To me this place is even more special, the meoment i read Mallorca , "Rafael Nadal" is the word which striked me, as this is his Home Place...Recently he also came to India for his Charity foundation. Being an ardent fan of him haven't seen how this place is.Thanks Dude for exploring the beauty of this place & letting us know.Hope u had a memorable outing there !

Cancun Hotels said...

Wow amazing place.Thanks for sharing this picture.
San Francisco SEO
Halibut Fishing Homer Alaska

mjspiderman said...

nice pictures...I love you blog its awesome nice colors you must have did hard work on your blog. Keep up the good work. Thanks

Florida Beach Wedding | Seattle Window Tinting | Outdoor Lighting Austin, Texas

Hearing Aids said...

Superb blog post, I have book marked this internet site so ideally I’ll see much more on this subject in the foreseeable future!

buy wow account said...

WoW! what a beautiful place..great pics..love your post.=D