Thursday, August 25, 2011

Vattenfall Cyclassics 2011

Cycling is one hobby which I got in to it after coming to Germany and especially cycling for long distances in the midst of nature is a special experience indeed. Like last year got a chance to take part in Vattenfal Cyclassics 2011 for 55 kms. Thanks to Werum who motivates the employees to take part in this wonderful event by sponsoring it. Last time I completed 55 kms in 2 hours 22 minutes. So the target was to complete this time with in 2 hours but finally managed in 2 hours 13 minutes at a rate of 25Km/h.

It was a lovely experience when the whole roads are blocked for you and the motivation you get from all the local lads residing near the path of this cyclassics. Nearly more than 10,000 people participated in this cyclassics. When I drove for the first time for 55 kms it looked like a massive target but once you did, it becomes a routine in the coming years. Thanks to Henrik Stellmann who offered his cycle to me and it made a difference of around 10 minutes this year. Most importantly the weather was fascinating and it was shining for the whole day. Hoping to complete it with in 2 hours next time.

Hamburg is a city which has offered me so many things and I always wanted to take part in an event which is attached to Hamburg and this cyclassics is one of the biggest cycling race in Europe. I am so glad that I ended up in this most environmental friendly city. Hamburg meine perle!

Cheers,
Sathish Kumar S

No comments: