Thursday, March 22, 2012

Insurance - Way for quality life

During my student time, I always cursed myself of paying certain amount to the medical insurance. It even got aggravated once I started working that the amount got increased considerably. Whenever I used to say to my friends working in different parts of the world like India, Dubai, USA that here in Germany we pay nearly 40% taxes, they were shell shocked to the core. Even I felt the same that the amount of tax deductions here in Germany was very high and totally needless. I never understood the concept of Insurance since I was brought up in Indian society where spending to a doctor is a waste of money and we never had a situation in our society where monthly contribution was given to health system.

But I really understood its significance and importance only during the time of pregnancy of my wife. She has to be in the hospital for nearly two months and all the expenses were taken care by the health insurance. I never felt at one instance the financial stress during this tough situation. Thanks to the medical insurance system here. It was a good learning curve for me regarding Insurance because as one grows older and older, more and more complications can occur in body and during that time, one can not afford quite a lot of money for medical expenses from one’s own pocket.

I really feel this system should also be introduced in Indian society where part of the monthly contributions goes to Medical Insurance system and when dire straits arrive in one’s life, no need to worry about the financial situation to treat the patient. I feel insurance should also be introduced in various fields which definitely make the quality of life much more cherishing and happy.

Cheers,
Sathish Kumar S

1 comment:

ARIVUMANI, LISBON said...

We too understand abt its importance now.
Thank u Sathish for this Post :-))