Sunday, June 03, 2012

Run for Help - 9 Kms in Lueneburg


Summer is back, need to burn out the calories which I accumulated during the winter, can't find a better opportunity to run through the city of Lueneburg for a helping cause for around 9 Kms. Initially, I was always skeptic about the distance of 9 Kms, but thanks to the motivation of my good friend Prabu with whom I trained twice a week after the work. Special thanks to my colleague Rene, who is my inspiration and motivation for all the sporting activities of running, cycling, swimming etc. 

Thanks to Werum which takes special care to sponsor for many sporting events in and around Hamburg and motivate the employees to do some sports rather than sitting before the computer all the time. It was a great chance to run in and around the streets of Lueneburg along with thousands of people. The registration money from the participants is used for a noble cause. Thank god, the weather stayed absolutely fine and it was not raining. My target was to finish it well with an hour and I could manage it on 59,47 minutes :) But what I felt discrepancy in the race is, my jog tracker application showed just 8.3 kms and my friend also confirmed the same. But who care whether its 8.3 or 9 kms, when the running is for a good cause. It was certainly a day to remember!

Cheers,
Sathish Kumar S

No comments: