Thursday, February 07, 2013

Dubai, Masterpiece of the middle east

Dubai, the hub of Middle East, cash cow for many people from India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Philippines etc, and no body would have imagined that this desert area before thirty fourty years would serve as a heart of the Middle East. Had a chance to explore this wonderful city once again, thanks to my German passport that I require no visa and could use my connecting flight from Chennai to Dubai and from Dubai to Hamburg.
Last time when I went, Burj Khalifa was under construction. This time had a chance to go to the top of the tallest building in the world, The Burj Khalifa. It was indeed a masterpiece of civil engineering, has about 200 floors. One gets a panoramic view of the city of Dubai from the top of Burj Khalifa. Also had a chance to see the colourful and picturesque waterfall show near the Dubai Mall which I missed last time.
What really fascinates me about Dubai is the influx of so many nationalities in one City. Even though many people complain about the torrid working conditions of many construction workers, one has to agree to the fact that Dubai is definitely the cash cow for the Indian state of Kerala and to some extent for the Civil and Chemical Engineers of the sub continent.
Dubai airport is definitely one of the highly sophisticated and modern airports in the world with connecting flights through out the world. If you have connecting flight via Dubai, don’t miss out the fun which this city offers. It was fitting end to my long vacation of seven weeks in India, that I could explore the warmth of Dubai before I was frozen by Europe cold. Thanks to Damo and Mohan, my good friends who helped me to explore Burj Khalifa and the waterfall show.

Cheers,
Sathish Kumar S

No comments: