Saturday, February 11, 2017

Chennai Marathon 2016 - 10 KM



Recently I had a chance to participate in Chennai Marathon 2016 10KM stretch along with my friends Praveen and Sridhar. The event was supposed to happen in December but postponed because of CM’s death, Varadha strom and finally happened on January 8th. The race began from the Napier Bridge, went along the Marina Beach, Light House, San Thome, RK Puram, Adyar and finally reaching CPT Grounds, Taramani. I gained lot of weight once I returned back to India and it was very difficult in the beginning to start the running even for 1 or 2 Kms in the tread mill. I practiced for around 2 months 3 to 4 times a week and gained confidence over a period of time. It was a great experience to run this short stretch of the Marathon in my home town which was pending for really long time. I finished 10 Km in 1hr and 22 minutes at a rate of 7.5Kms/hr. Thanks especially to Praveen who motivated me to take part in this event. It’s a distant dream for me to complete half Marathon at least once in a lifetime , let’s see how the eating habits goes :P

Cheers,
Sathish Kumar S

No comments: