Friday, December 25, 2020

Snow... Sledge... Skating !!


 Snow in Black Forest area and Basel has been difficult to spot out in the last years because of global warming. I still remember I planned for a week vacation to learn Skiing and there was no snow and I went to Hamburg. Fortunately it was snowing few weeks before Christmas and it was indeed a pleasant sight to watch from the window especially the first Snow. We had a chance to visit Tatjana and Mathias at their home in Rickenbach and it’s around 800 m above the sea level. There was heavy snow, we tried Sledge with the kids and of course the great snow fights. 


Another time, we tried the Ice skating near our home with the Skating shoes and I must say it was certainly very difficult if one hasn’t tried in younger age. It’s certainly in my dream that one day I wanted to learn Skiing, Ice Skating at a mediocre level to enjoy the winter time. Let’s not forget I am a tropical guy having brought up near the beaches and not the mountains ;)

Cheers,
Sathish Kumar S







No comments: