Saturday, April 29, 2006

My Dream of a Laptop...


There was a time when I heard the word computer in a teleserial named "GIANTROBOT".I used to think those times, that computers are used to make only robots and this jargaon (COMPUTER) was always a dream whenever I see them.

There was only one computer in my school when I was in fifth class, my computer master used to play Prince of Persia and we used to watch them like a rajnikanth movie.So it was in my mind that Computers can be bought only by millionaire...

Then I came to college,still I was not in a gr8 position to buy a comp for myself..the reason for it was not financial but I dont knw how to operate it during that time...:)...then I bought the comp in second year of my college...had some chance to explore the stupid machine...

So first dream came true...Computer in my house....but now the word Laptop was a dream at that time...my perception at that time was...only great business people can have laptops..accessing important information for their work....

Even when I was working in HCL and CTS...laptop was given only to Team Leads and Technical leads and the overshowing HRs....then I thought...oho...Laptop is something special...which only specific jandu can have it.....

When I came to my Masters in Germany,oh god...every 9 out of 10 persons (doing Masters) were having a laptop...I was the 10th person not having one...:))...
Now I bought a LAPTOP,my long dream got fullfilled.Well,I was writing this article on my new wife(Laptop..iam still unmarried)..
Even having done some interesting programming stuffs in C,C++,JAVA,IOS...for me Chatting in my new Laptop gives me a sense of kick....Thanks to my Hiwi(part time) Job which forced me to buy to laptop which enables me to work both in office and at home..

One stage Computer was a dream...nother stage Laptop was a dream...and in yet another stage...new wife is a dream...and the life goes on with a dream..and the dream goes on differing as the age goes on increasing...Well thats life...

Cheers,
Sathish Kumar S

1 comment:

Krishna Ram Kuttuva Jeyaram said...

to watch them like a rajnikanth movie
---
this was too funny da.. even in my school solitaire, minesweeper aadi show kaatunaanga..