Monday, December 04, 2006

Memorable trip to Italy



Recently I had a chance to explore the beautiful parts of Europe...ITALY...I tried to cover four cities of Italy in five days...Pisa,Florence,Venice and Rome..Thanks to ryanair for the cheap tickets to fly from Germany to Italy...Thanks to Hostelworld.com for the information about cheap and good hostels.At the end it turned out to be a great and memorable trip for us...I certainly enjoyed each and every moment...I really thank god who gave me this opportunity to explore some beautiful places on the globe...

SCIENTIFIC PISA....



Pisa,I heard about this city when I was in Ninth standard,when my Physics master explained Galieleo's experiment of gravitational forces...I never thought,I would visit Pisa anytime...The leaning tower of Pisa is a scenic view and there is a palace close by..the lush green grass adds to the beauty...Certainly a day to remember....other than the leaning tower...I would say nothing much to see in Pisa...



OVERHYPED FLORENCE .... :)



Next to Pisa,I moved to Florence...I heard great things about this city...but honestly speaking...there are many Indian cities which are far better than Florence...Its a overhyped city...:) It has beautiful river...small mountains...amazing architectural buildings and Michealango point where one could get the panaromic view of the whole city of Florence...we took the city tour bus which was roaming around the whole city...sat on the top of the bus..got down at special places and took loads and loads of photos...



ROMANTIC VENICE.....



Venice..no words to explain...Sexy,Romantic Venice...When I reached Venice,it remembered me of an Indian City Allepey....With bactwaters..with amazing buildings,with boat rides(Gondolos)...with scenic view of the houses...with some breathtaking churches...simply amazing...Venice has to be travelled with girlfriend or with wife...oh poor guy Iam still a bachelor...Night life in Venice is even more splendid...with lights glittering across the river...I wont forget Venice for many reasons ;)....



GIGANTIC,HISTORIC,SPLENDID ROME...



Rome...the capital city of Italy...Rome is unimaginably big...I have never seen any European city with such a big crowd...Reminds me of Calcutta in India with underground metros with people pusing each other in to the train...:) When I say about Rome..what comes to our mind is VATICAN CITY...I was standstill when I looked at the Vatican Palace...Gigantic pillars...huge architectural buildings..simply amazing...Had a chance to climb to the top of the palace...which gives the panaromic view of the whole city....then comes the Collosium...when I entered this place...the movie GLADIATOR came in to my mind...most of the Collosium is damaged...and renovation works are taking place...who cares...(had a count of visiting seven wonders of the world...(Taj Mahal,Eiffel Tower,Pisa and Collasium already visited) still three more left...lets see)...Each and every building in Rome is a monument...Took tonnes and tonnes of photos...Rome...A day to remember in my life...


Having lived in Germany for one year,I found Italy totally different from Germany...The trains never run to the schedule...oh no..they dont even start at the right time...:) the cities are choatic...the people cant even speak single word in English..the food is totally different...If I remember properly I drank some 25 cups of CUPPACINO in the whole trip...And important incident happened in the trip...I lost my camera when I was drinking CUPPACINO in a restaurant..I literally lost all my 1000 photos which I took in Italy...then I asked the person in restaurant...THANK GOD...he safely held the camera which I forgot when I was paying the bill...It would have been a terrible trip without those photos...I have all my photos now and I have made some movies with those photos...If you are interested to see the photos and movie...get back to me... :)

Cheers,
Sathish Kumar S

2 comments:

Krishna Ram Kuttuva Jeyaram said...

super machi.. ippadi oru ulagam sutrum vaaliban aayittae..

Unknown said...

Good background music. nice recording. Looks like I should visit your blog often.