Thursday, February 25, 2010

Cricket in Germany

Narrow streets, Bicycles and mopeds passing by, targeting neighbor's glasses...this was the gally cricket which I was used to right from my school days...I never really got a chance to play with proper cricket kits in a lush green grass when I was in India even though Cricket happens to be my favorite sport...Recently got a chance to play with proper stumps, gloves, pads, bat and ball...Thanks to International Cricket Council (ICC) who sponsors non-cricket playing nations like Germany to promote the sport...Had a chance to represent Lüneburg in the North Deutschland Indoor Cup...I could hardly see any German in the tournament...it was all Indians, Pakistanis, SriLankans and bit of English and Aussies...It was a great day to remember with lots of fun in the indoor stadium even though we lost two matches... ;)

Sathish Kumar S

No comments: