Sunday, September 10, 2017

Half Marathon and 10 Km runs



Recently I completed half marathon (21.1) kms in 3 hours and 2 minutes in Chennai. It was a long dream to complete this half marathon once and thanks to the motivation and training plan given by my friend Rajesh who has completed two full marathons. Prior to this half marathon, I did 10 Km run with my good friend Kalai and with my periappa in Anna University. It was certainly a great motivation to see 65 year old periappa taking part in these outings. After this half marathon, we did one more 10 Km run with my colleagues Balu and Kalai.



What’s good about these 10 Km and half marathons are the fitness awareness and the type of diet we take before couple of weeks and the most important aspect of it is the money goes to the charity for various cancer patients, handicapped children etc and the awareness it creates among the public. The timing chip, the medal, the certificate, the hot breakfast and the T shirts are definitely worth for the money we pay for. Good thing about these events are not about winning but be part of the social gatherings and awareness.

Cheers,
Sathish Kumar S


No comments: