Sunday, May 17, 2020

Cycling & Swimming in the Rhine



Cyling long distance is one hobby which I picked up in Europe and I thoroughly enjoyed cycling during the Covid lockdown times for about an hour daily in the evening. The Covid lockdown gave me a great chance to explore the nearby areas which gave me a surprise that lovely places do exists also in the nearby location. One such place is Sonnenberg which is around 8 to 10 kms from my home.  Swimming in the Rhine River with Wickelfisch in summer is a customary event in Basel. I did quite a few times during the summer from Tinguely Museum till Dreirosenbrucke and it was a fascinating experience. There is no need to swim and the downstream water simply takes you to the destination. I couldn’t imagine doing this in the Elbe river in Hamburg. 

Cheers,
Sathish Kumar S

No comments: