Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Sudoku Puzzle


Whenever I travel in Metro trains, I find the Germans playing this 9*9 matrix number game. I asked them what it is they said to me its called "Sudoku". Unfortunately I didnt bother to learn or play this game. The reason why I say its unfortunate is, I was not asked in an interview to solve this puzzle but instead propose an algorithm for solving Sudoku and implement in JAVA hehehe....Boom....I was given the laptop and Eclipse IDE. It took me one hour to solve the puzzle manually since I was playing for the first time. Then I started to code and try to implement some logics but unfortunately couldnt end up implementing 100%. My dear fellow computer science engineers and programmers, give a food for your brain! One thing which I missed during coding is to remember two important concepts for implementing this, Recursion and Backtracking!


Sathish Kumar S

No comments: