Saturday, January 26, 2008

Research

My Master Thesis at Fraunhofer Institute for Telecommunications gave me a great insight about what research is....at the end of the day I can conclude that I am not good enough for research hehheeeee....Research has its own merits and demerits...

1. Research needs lot of patience...patience to the core.....i am a guy who wants a child after six months of marriage ;) so the word patience is too far for me...

2. Research needs lots and lots of passion, vigor, love for the topic, self-motivation, dedication and most important thing is one shouldn't look for money in research....

3. Research needs very good supervisors...very good motivators...because nobody knows the path its all about trying all possible combinations and finally concluding the result....

But on the otherhand, Research is the place where one has absolute amount of freedom in the work....which one cannot expect in the company....all our thoughts and ideas can be putforth, tested, implemented....the amount of joy one gets when it has been recognized at the highest level with the publications....I definitely would love to do more research in the later part of my career but now I feel i am too far for research....:)

Sathish Kumar S

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

if u want a child after six months, then marry a gal who is pregnent:)

S Parthiban said...

machi, do "it" 3 months before marriage da, then you will get a child in 6 months...

Anonymous said...

Nice !