Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas evening with Merkel family

Time goes really fast... this is almost my fourth Christmas in Germany.... What could be a better place to celebrate Christmas evening in Hamburg...its none other than at my mentor's place... his son and daughter-in-law came from London for the Christmas evening...with candles burning on the Christmas tree at the corner..with gifts and lovely wishes being exchanged...lovely awesome delicious dinner...what an ambience...typical German Christmas evening...

Herald gifted me a Wurst which is one of my favourite dishes in Germany ;) and more importantly gifted me a "Steurerklarung Software" (Tax Clearance) which I very badly needed in the recent times being a IT guy ;)... Germans always say their tax regulations are one of the complicated in the world...Herald's duty is to do mentoring during my studies to show German culture and make me feel integrated in to the society...What I can always says is...he has done exceedingly well than what he is supposed to do...a man who imbibed lot of confidence in me to lead a life in German society...our bond of love, affection and respect have grown in proportions in the recent years...I owe you a lot Herald... Well ask any German how special it is to invite a person for a Christmas evening...The answer says it all... :)

Hats off to Merkel family!!
Sathish Kumar S


No comments: