Friday, December 19, 2008

Magnificient 2008

The year which gave me lot of joy, happiness, success and peace was none other than 2008 mainly because of the fact 2007 was really hard…. One really knows what happiness is after a stint of real tough times…that’s the case with me too…. Let’s have a short recap of how the year turned out…

January:
Came from Berlin after really tough times during my Thesis and job hunting…defended my Thesis for my Master of Science under Prof. Killat… a big relief after stressful days..

February:
Attended my spring school classes of my MBA…with lectures from one of the best Professors in the field of Strategy and Business Planning…. Thoroughly enjoyed the Blah Blah stuffs of MBA…

March:
Applied for my work permit…had some relaxing days before I started my work…Backpacked to Eastern Europe to countries like Hungary, Austria, Bratislava and also to Barcelona…. It was a great time with my friends (Andreas, Veera, Juan)

April:
Started my full time work as a Software Developer in Werum Software Systems… had lot of doubts, speculations about the work, colleagues…it was certainly an inquisitive start to the work…

May:
Went to Denmark with Bernd, Vijay, Hemant, Rushi…explored Denmark by renting a car…BBQ in Denmark coastline…fun in the beach and in the countryside of Denmark…memorable time

June:
Summer was its peak…Enjoyed playing Cricket in the weekends…had tussle and enjoyment in the game…Had a class trip to CuxhavenPlayed Beach volleyball with our friends along the coastline…great experience…

July:
Programmed our Process Automation Execution Software (PAS-X) in PDA….thoroughly had the job satisfaction after a long time in my career…guided by great analytical thinkers….

August:
Finished my MBA studies by giving the final propositions and shifted from Hamburg to Lüneburg mainly for the fact that I want to sleep more in the morning… Was making all preparations for my mom’s arrival in Germany

September:
Was counting my days for mom’s arrival in Germany… it was a great moment when I picked her up in Frankfurt….celebrated my 26th birthday with her and my good friends….

October:
The most important moment of the year 2008… mom’s presence for my MBA graduation ceremony…. The moment which I cherished to the core in the year 2008… had a great fun with her…cooked different kinds of food… had a great Diwali time with her and my good friends…

November:
Had to say good bye to my mom…It wasn’t certainly easy for me after her presence with me….but life has to go on…got used to the lonely way of life….

December:
Had a Christmas celebrations in my office… I was the Santa Claus… had a relaxed month in the work…no big deadlines and tasks…

All in all, it was a year where I enjoyed success, happiness, peace through out the year…It was quite opposite to what I experienced in 2007… I thank all my friends and well-wishers who were part of my happiness in 2008.. I don’t expect 2009 to be same as 2008… because lightening always strikes once ;)

Cheers,
Sathish Kumar S

No comments: