Saturday, September 12, 2009

Fisherman’s Cove East Coast Road (ECR) adventure, Chennai, India


Being born brought up in Chennai, it was always my dream to explore the famous East Coast Road and especially Fisherman’s Cove but Vitamin M(oney) was a big issue during my times in India to explore these amazing places in Chennai. Thanks to the strong exchange rate of Euros and as usual Chennai sunny weather, I could realize this dream with my school friends. I promised my school friends to give a big treat during my visit to India.

We bunked the school for solving complex Mathematical problems, bunked the college for watching the Cricket matches in Chepauk, now we bunked the offices to have a great time on the scenic Bay of Bengal…Hmm…Life at different stages…J We sat in the catamaran and went far away from the shore…finally jumped in to the sea from the catamaran….of course with life jackets…it was a great experience to float in the middle of the sea…stayed in the water for about an hour and finally back to the shore…lovely moments…


Had a lovely lunch in the food court. To say honestly, cost of living in Chennai has increased a lot as well…its not the same Chennai as it used to be…;) Then went to play a new game called Paint Ball…the rule is as follows: Five members in each team. There will be bunkers to hide and shoot the opponents. The idea is to get the flag from the opponent side and bring it back to the own territory or kill (out) all the opponents. When the bullet hits a person, the paint is splashed on the body and he is out of the game. Thought the bullet is soft and will not hurt but my friend Sridhar got hurted a bit. It was fun playing this game with all the gun and the bullets…it was never easy for South Indians to handle guns and the bullets…oh ya…that’s why its one of the safest zone on the earth…;)



Then went for a stroll in Thiruvanmiyur beach recollecting all our old memories and stories…All in all really satisfying day in my life to have such a great time with my school buddies after years of separation in foreign land. I should say was really lucky to have amazing set of friends during my school time. We complemented during different stages of our life and its so unfortunate that we are sitting in different corners of the globe to realize all our dreams and fulfill our responsibilities. But the memories and the experiences which we made in the past really binds us. Friends forever!!


Cheers,

Sathish Kumar S

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Very good feeling and i will taste the Fisherman's cove east coast road adventure when i have a trip to chennai. Thanks for sharing your enjoyment.

Kamlesh said...

Whenever I see this Pic.. It reminds of me of our trip to Queensland ...However this makes me jealous as I was not part of this ..Hope time takes us back to oldies.. :-)

With Luf,
Kamlesh

Anonymous said...

Good post and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you for your information.

Unknown said...

How much did they charge for paintball and where... ???