Saturday, July 29, 2023

Calabrian - Southern Italy

The Mediterranean is always special after living near the Alps mountains in Switzerland. Blue skies, salt in the air, amazing drinks and food, nice friends. I couldn't have asked for more for my summer vacation of 2022. My best German friend Michael suggested joining his family and friends in Calabrian in the south of Italy. There was a direct flight from Basel to Lamezia Terme and Tropea is the place where we stayed around. Plan for me to is stay in the camping tent but I just got the sticks but not the actual tent lol. One of our friends had a small tent which he gave to me and saved my sleep ;) 

Had a chance to explore some of the Islands near Stromboli, Liperi. Stromboli is an island in the Tyrrhenian Sea, off the north coast of Sicily, containing Mount Stromboli, one of the four active volcanoes in Italy. Tropea is a great city to hang out for a day with ancient sculptural monuments. It was a great relaxing beach holiday with a lot of beach volleyball and after that drenching in the sea followed by lovely drinks and apero with friends. I thoroughly enjoyed this holiday to a great extent and thanks to Michael and his friends who gave me great memories on this trip.

Cheers,

Sathish Kumar S




No comments: