Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Abruncha


Recently I was invited by my best German friend Micheal Kitzelmann for a dinner when I went to Hamburg. Its always nice to hang around with this guy just because of the fact he is a lovely person. When we were having our dinner and drinking, other Germans asked me how do you say cheers in your language…I just thought for a moment and said…we say cheers….they replied…no that's English…and asked again whats cheers in Indian languages…then I convinced myself there exists no word equivalent to cheers…definitely drinking is considered as a taboo in Indian society and admitted to them there is no equivalent word to cheers in Indian languages. Then they decided to coin a new word equivalent to cheers in English, Prost in German. The new word is "Abruncha"…..so my dear fellow Indians, if any westerner asks you the equivalent word of cheers…please remember "Abruncha" heheheeeee J

Cheers oh no Abruncha! ;)

Sathish Kumar S

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Abruncha......:)