Friday, October 12, 2007

Mitfahr


Mitfahr is an excellant concept and cheapest means of transportation between the cities in Germany...The person who owns the car when he is travelling from one city to another city advertises in the website mitfahrgelegenheit.de, the other travellers who wish to travel in the same day just contacts the person who is willing to accompany and travels with him/her...Its a dual benefit concept where the owner of the car gets his share of fuel cost from other travellers and for the mitfahrers(travellers), its definitely the cheapest means of transport when compared to air, buses and trains...I loved travelling in mitfahr a number of times between Berlin and Hamburg and had a chance to meet really nice people...I am not sure whether this concept can be implemented in India...If you ask me...I wouldnt do it in India...because I am not sure whether I will safely reach the destination....;)

Sathish Kumar S

No comments: