Thursday, July 27, 2006

Choosing a path.....This or That....



This or That.....Which one to choose in career....I always had this problem right from my school days...I was provided with two seats Medicine and Engineering.I had to take one of biggest decisions of my lifetime..Engineering or Medicine....Medicine seat(MBBS) in my state goes only to 1000 students every year from a pool of 100000 and I was very unfortunate guy to be in that 1000 since Medicine was never my cake...Engineering was my interest...Finally I ended up with Engineering forfeiting a medicine seat.This or that came when I was passed out from the school....

After passing out from college,I was given a job in HCL TECHNOLOGIES(CISCO DIVISION)..Unfortunately,the job was very hostile,it was not certainly not the best of jobs with bug fixing understanding the code written by people in Mars and Jupiter..Then I got a job in COGNIZANT TECHNOLOGY SOLUTIONS...again this or that...whether to continue in HCL or go to CTS....but it was not certainly not a big decision compared to Medicine or Engineering...I finally landed up in CTS....Time went on in CTS.....and another this or that....Masters in Germany...now CTS or Masters in Germany...It was tough equivalent to Medicine or Engineering since I have to leave the job which gave me good penny...good friends...good environment....After some confusion landed in Germany...

Life in Germany ....Again one more this or that...I have to choose between Master of Business Administration(MBA)or my internship in European Aeronautical Defence and Space Company(EADS)...Now Iam struck up with my decision....Iam just saying to myself why Iam in a situation of perplexed state always...I sometimes doubt,its because of trying all possibilities which puts me in trouble...One good thing is...I havent looked back after making a decision...I never looked back of being a doctor...I never thought I should have stayed in HCL...I never said to my heart that I should have continued in CTS...but when I face difficulties and hardship on the way...I do look back which makes me really suppressing, but Iam still continuing with the present decision..I pray god that this shouldnt happen when I try to choose a wife...(this or that)...I hope everyone reading this article should have experienced THIS OR THAT...but not like this combination..

Medicine or Engineering
HCL or CTS
CTS or MS in Germany
MBA or EADS....

but THIS or THAT makes life interesting....
Cheers,
Sathish Kumar S

No comments: