Monday, February 19, 2007

Skiing


Skiing, the sport which I tried for the first time in my life in Oberstaufen, Alps. It wasn’t certainly an easy task for me to do this sport…since I haven’t done any great sport in my life and I am a lazy goose as well…Cricket, one of the easiest and laziest sport one can do…. One could easily imagine, I was the struggling guy of all the beginners…;) I really envy the kids who could do all possible combinations of skating and rotations…of course they are born in the midst of snow…while I was born when the temperature was hovering around 40°c .


More difficult part in Skiing is…when one falls on the ground…its very difficult to get up without the help of others…especially with the snow boots and the snowboards…When the slope is down…its really an amazing feeling to go down…but there is also difficulty in applying brakes …and the frustrating part is climbing up the slope with the snow boots and the sticks…I was literally gone to death after my three hours of skiing.. But any way, I thoroughly enjoyed each and each very moment especially when I fell to the ground…;) I really thank my University officials who made all the arrangements for the international students to experience skiing for the first time in their life…I loved it….

Cheers,
Sathish Kumar S

No comments: