Saturday, January 13, 2024

Cricket - Umpiring/Commentating 2023


Cricket is a sport which I always enjoyed right from my childhood days. During the summer break, I had a chance to do umpiring for the European Cricket League at St. Gallen. I thoroughly enjoyed it, especially judging Leg Before Wicket is never an easy task which looked so easy when we watch it in the television. Umpiring is never an easy task where you are always under the pressure from the bowlers, fielders and more importanly scrutinized in the television with the live commentary. 


Also had a chance to do commentary for some of the games  which I enjoyed thoroughly. The most important aspect of the commentary is to make sure you are not overlapping with your fellow commentator. Thanks to European Cricket League which gives great advertisement and development of Cricket in Europe where Football is the number one sport.

Cheers,
Sathish Kumar S

No comments: